26 May Shoulder Pain with Overhead Movement
- Avoid anything that causes a pinch or pain, even if its only a little. If putting a shirt on hurts, switch to a button down. If putting on a bra is painful, try a front close, etc. You get my meaning here. Anything that hurts is just prolonging the inflammatory cycle.
- Ice 15-20 min several times a day.
- Consider an anti-inflammatory.
- Use the range of motion you have. Don’t push into the discomfort at all but it’s important you use what you have. If you don’t use it, you lose it…this totally applies here.
- Stretch several times a day but for very short periods. This is better than going through a set of exercises for 30 min once a day.